Baby Birthday Cake

     It has been a while :( Here is a cake I made for Elon, a baby I babysit sometimes. He just turned one so needless to say, I was pretty excited.
       I had originally planned to make a cake in the shape of a one or a giant children's block with his name spelled out on the sides. Sorry to say, but my imagination exceeds me skill. I had a hard enough time making a two layer cake, regardless of making it square and cutting out the shape. SMH

This is the end result :)

        I used the 3, 5, and 21 tip to decorate it. Halfway through I ran out of frosting and had to make some more. I used the recipe below to make up some more (Thank God for my marshmallow fondant phase because I had the powdered sugar on hand)


EASY VANILLA FROSTING

1/3 c. soft butter
3 c. confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
About 2 tbsp. milk

Blend butter and sugar. Stir in vanilla and milk. Beat until frosting is smooth and of spreading consistency.


After I finished, I think that I will use a bakery comb to clean up the sides and make a stiffer frosting. I would also practice my handwriting in icing, but as this is my second cake and my first layered cake, I think that's good enough for now.
Back to Top